Lunes, Marso 18, 2019

my Art, my SM, my City at SM Cebu

"My City, My SM, My Art"

Launched last March 2, 2019 celebrates the works of artists all over Visayas. 


The exhibit highlights the works of nine artists, including the "Father of Modern Philippine Sculptor" Napoleon Abueva, and the "Father of Contenporary Philippine Printmaking" Manuel Rodriquez Sr.




The exhibit also features the works of Dante Enage of Leyte, Kitty Tanuguchi of Dumaguete City, Henry Cainglet of Bohol and Jun Impas, Celso Pepito and Adeste Deguilmo of Cebu.

Michael Albano, a young student artist, won the community-based art contest which is also part of a "My City, My SM, My Art" campaign.





A celebration of Philippine visual arts, the My City, My SM, My Art is a joint project of SM, Metropolitan Museum of Manila, Shell Companies of the Philippine, and Philippine Star, with support from the National Commission for Culture and the Arts, and Centerstage Productions.





While they represent different genres - Abueva is considered the Father of Modern Philippine Sculptor, and Rodriguez is known as the Father of Contemporary Philippine Printmaking - their contribution to the Philippine art is invaluable. And they have brought much pride to their respective home provinces of Bohol and Cebu with their amazing masterpieces.





The exhibit will also highlight the works of Martino Abellana, dean of Cebuano painters, who has taught and influenced the entire generation of Cebuano artists. Joining them in the celebration of Eastern and Central Visayan artistry are Dante Enage of Leyte, Kitty Taniguchi of Dumaguete City, Henri Cainglet of Bohol, and well as Jun Impas, Celso Pepito, and Adeste Deguilmo fo Cebu.












Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento